The Men’s Draft Division at BHi will be composed of anyone who wants to register if they are a current BHi players or new to BHi. With the first Draft Division being a success, we have decided to make some changes to the 2023 Draft League this year.
- Extended Regular Season (Season will now be 20 games + playoffs)
- Overtime for Regular Season (3 vs. 3 overtime followed by a shootout)
- No Cash Prize. (Replacing with Medals to 1st & 2nd finishers)
- Year End Banquet (Banquet for all teams included in registration fee)
- New Fantasy League (Each week people will be able to select a fantasy team for a chance to win each week)
Scouting Combine – Monday March 2oth, 2023, 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Silverwoods arena
Draft Date – Saturday March 25th, 2023
REGISTRATION: Fee is $260 per player
Registration for this division will be single-player. Registration will include 20 games plus playoffs, a team jersey, a year end banquet and medals for 1st and 2nd place teams determined by the Championship series. A $100 deposit is required at registration, a refund will be provided if a player is not drafted by a team. Balance ($160) due by game 8 of the regular season. No refund will be granted for someone that gets drafted and decides not to play. If a player gets drafted but does not show up for the first 3 games, the draft captain is given the option of replacing that player with another player that was registered with the same player rating. If a jersey is not returned or returned not in good condition, the cost of the jersey will be added to the player’s BHI account that they will be required to pay.
The Draft will consist of 14 rounds, picking 1 thru 4. The draft order has been determined by last seasons regular seasons standings.
- Round 1 – North Stars, Whalers, Nordiques, Golden Seals
- Round 2 – North Stars, Whalers, Nordiques, Golden Seals
- Round 3 – North Stars, Whalers, Nordiques, Golden Seals
- Round 4 – North Stars, Whalers, Nordiques, Golden Seals
- Any player not picked in the draft will go on the call up list.
Each team will have 15 runners and 1 goalie.
- If a player gets drafted, but does not show up for the first 3 games, the draft captain is given the option of replacing that player with another player that was registered. The player replacement player can choose to play at a pro-rated amount.
- All communication between the potential new player must go through BHI. This will eliminate players from “picking and choosing” who they want to play with/ for.
- At the end of the regular season, teams can offer ONE player on their roster an extension. See: Player Extensions
In Season Trades:
Players can be traded to a different team during the season.
- The trade deadline will be the 12 game mark. (before the 12th game is played by each team)
- All trades are allowed. (Players for Players, Players + Picks)
- Trades must be posted in the manager group chat tagging a BHI Staff with the 2nd team replying to the message with “Accepted”.
- Once Accepted, trades can not be reversed unless both teams agree before the trade is accepted by the BHi Management.
- If a player quits after a trade is processed, the trade will be voided and the player who quits will be removed from the division and replaced by a player of said team’s choice from the pre-season registered list. The replacement player must be the same rating as the player that quit.
Teams may extend ONE player on their roster for each season.
- Both player and team must agree.
- Player extensions must be communicated with BHi Management & the other team captains prior to the draft.
- BHi Management will communicate with those players that the captains would like to keep for extension to assure they are fine with the decision.
- Players may be extended to the same team as long as the captains choose to do so. If a captain chooses to take a new keeper, the player that is no longer their keeper will return to the draft
Captains and Assistants:
Captains will apply and be accepted or denied by the existing captains & BHi Management. Each captain will be allowed to choose ONE person to be their Asst. This person will not be required to enter the draft and can be anyone they choose as long as they are in good standing with BHi.
- There is no limit on how many seasons someone can have the same Assistant.
- Assistants can not be traded.
- Assistants can not be extended if they choose to not be an assistant the following season.
A team can use a call-up if they are below 10 runners for a game. A team can use a maximum of 2 call-ups per game.
- Call-ups can play a maximum of 2 games per team per season. A violation of this will result in a forfeit of the game with a score of 5-0.
- All players in attendance will be credited with a game played.
- A team may ask for a call-up in the BHI Draft League group by using the hashtag #needcallup. Call-ups should respond to the post to say they are available to play.
Year End Banquet:
- Presentation of Awards: MVP Trophy, Norris Trophy, Vezina Trophy, Rocket Richard Trophy
- Banquet will take place after Regular Season is completed and before Playoffs begin
- Location of Banquet: TBD